Today I was SUPPOSE to start the 8642 diet, which didn't happen. I was going pretty good until I got ann e-mail from a college [let's just call it "college H*"], schduling a interview with me on thurday.
I don't even have to say that the e-mail was MORE and a reason enough for me to freak out and, as a consequence, to binge. Ok, I now I was weak and everything but try to see things like I do for a second:
I'm a freaking international student, which means that I don't have ANY idea how this interviews work, I don't know what they will ask, I don't know what do answer, I don't know what to wear, I don't know how to behave, I don't know anything. This application process is new to me, in my country we only take a fucking test and that's it, you're in college.
I'm scared as hell, so if ANY of you know anything about interview, could you PLEASE help me?!
Whatever, so now I'll start the 2468 diet tomorrow. We'll see how that goes.
By the way, here's an idea:
Why don't we chose a diet, and some of us start the same diet, on the same day and eat EXACTLY the same thing in the same time. By the end of the diet we post the result and we compare to see if the diet is good to everybody, or if it only works in some girls, and if it only works with some, we should try to figure out why. This way we would have a database of some diets so we know which one works with each type of body/person.
I thought you might like the idea.
A reminder: I can only weight myself on friday. CRAP.
Sunday, January 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


For the interview, I have two words: business casual.
ReplyDeletehttp://www.ehow.com/about_4679919_business-casual-outfits-women.html
For my most important undergrad interview I wore a gray wool skirt and matching jacket over a peach silk blouse, dark tights, and black leather pumps.
The admission people just want to see if you have goals and a plan to reach them, or if you are just drifting. They want to see that you are pleasant, and play well with others. Be firm, relaxed, polite, outgoing, and self-assured. It's all an act and this is your role as applicant. Break a leg out there!
Here's a link:
ReplyDeletehttp://www.collegeboard.com/student/apply/the-application/135.html
http://collegeapps.about.com/od/theartofgettingaccepted/tp/college-interview-questions.htm
Basically for the interview they'll want to know more about you, what you do outside of school. Talk about how awesome you are- don't brag but definitely say if youve had a leadership position in something or won awards or what you're really involved with.
Basically just be prepared to talk about yourself and then ask them a few questions about the college. Pratice stepping into the role of being self assured and selling yourself, it's really a breeze after you've practiced a few times :)
Stay relaxed, **confident** and you'll be great!
The diet idea sounds really cool! I'd be interested in something like that.
sounds like an awesome idea!!
ReplyDeletedont know if ill be a good participant but id love to be involved :)
I remember, I was interviewed into the first school I got accepted into and the last school I applied to.
ReplyDeleteI had bad grades to explain and they asked if there was a reason and I explained the stress I've endured with my rent's divorce.
Just remain calm, be yourself, and it'll be all good :D
02468 tomorrow!
I have a scholarship interview this week as well. The intensity at which it makes me want to binge scares me. We'll make it through though, it seems we always do. (:
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry to hear you binged, but you're strong, you'll get up on your feet in no time babe!
ReplyDeleteAnd I know I'm trying to recover, but right now I can't eat anything, and I think that diet plan would be good for me too, just to eat something and to know that you're all there with me too.. So I'm in, if you let me.
Love Jen!